Wednesday 16 March 2011

So we went to Sunnybrook. We both needed a second opinion...couldn't stand the first one nor could we accept it. It was different there. They were very supportive and had a team approach where we saw a liver surgical oncologist, a colon surgical oncologist and a medical oncologist all at the same time. I was happy not to have to wait for more appointments to occur. We just didn't have the time.

They looked me in the eye and told me that they would not give up...that Kev was an otherwise healthy 39yr old with a young family and that they would do whatever necessary to help him. For the first time in two weeks I felt my breathing go to normal...my heartbeat slowing and the panic that had settled in my throat start to subside. It was a monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment